PROJECTS AND DEVELOPMENTS OF IRIAS GROUP
Over its long history, the International Research Institute for Management Problems has implemented a number of large-scale projects designed to expand existing knowledge in science and solve existing problems in various fields.
The first years of the formation of MNIIPU were extremely eventful. Then the Institute, like many subjects of the Russian economy of that time, faced the difficulties of the transition period of 1994, but continued to work successfully.
Taking into account the accumulated experience, the Council of IRIAS approved the following research projects as the main ones:
- Project "Transition from a centralized to a market economy".
- Project "New Information Technologies in Management". As part of this project, work was carried out on projects:
- "Research of multicriteria and game problems with uncertainty."
- "Expanding the capabilities of computer technology in control systems."
- "The use of computer technology in the design of production systems and computer integrated production."
- "Development of biomolecular computational information-logical devices for solving problems of high computational complexity."
- "Development of geographic information systems (GIS) for the assessment of natural resources."
- "Mathematical methods for the analysis of complex systems: geometric methods for the study of extreme problems."
- "Development of feedback theory: inverse problem of nonlinear dynamics of controlled systems."
During the creation and development of the Internet, the need for large-scale projects related to the implementation of information technologies in management processes by the countries participating in the IRIAS has increased. A significant proportion of such projects are knowledge-intensive multidisciplinary projects in the field of high technologies, carried out in the interests of the world's leading IT companies and based on the unique capabilities of specialists and experts from the countries participating in the IRIAS.
A large amount of analytical work has been carried out within the framework of projects that investigate the evolution of management in the 21st century at the state, municipal and corporate levels.
Within the framework of the direction "New information technologies in management" the principle of outsourcing continued to be applied, especially in the field of information technologies.
Cooperation with the Western European concern EADS continued, based on a solid long-term foundation, which was created by the Agreement on the entry of EADS into the associate members of IRIAS. Joint research covered a fairly wide range of problems, including the development of information technologies for aircraft construction and telecommunications.
The Institute has carried out numerous projects in the field of information technology for leading international companies that hold leading positions in the field of information technology: Hewlett Packard, Siemens, AIRBUS, MTV and others.
Work continued to improve the management of production and economic activities of JSC Aeroflot, the largest Russian air carrier. The range of tasks to be solved within the framework of this project is wide enough and is aimed at the comprehensive development of information technologies of JSC Aeroflot.
In 2009, a project was implemented to introduce a new automated system for operational management of production activities (ASOU PD). The system covers all components of flight management: flight planning, control of their implementation, optimization of the daily plan, search for solutions to eliminate failure situations.
In terms of its scale and complexity, ASOU PD has no analogues in Russia and allows continuous exchange of information on planning and performing flights in real time. The system relieves dispatchers from a large number of routine manual operations, gives more time for making decisions, and directly affects the increase in the level of flight safety. According to Vladimir Antonov, First Deputy General Director for Production Activities of Aeroflot - Russian Airlines, “ASOU PD complies with the most modern technical standards. It allows for faster and better servicing of aircraft, comprehensive planning and management of flight operations, which is important for a company with a wide geography of routes and a large aircraft fleet ”.
The Institute took an active part in the international project "OASIS", the purpose of which was to create a prototype of a pan-European system for managing crisis situations. Within the framework of this project, MNIIPU developed an analytical subsystem that includes knowledge management and decision support systems, expert systems, modeling systems, and data analysis systems. The project was carried out in the interests of the European Union.
The following studies occupied an important place during this period:
- Under the project "Problems of Management of Large Socio-Economic Systems", research was carried out in four main areas:
- Monitoring the current state of the Russian economy, preparation of quarterly analytical reviews;
- Monitoring the situation on the metals market;
- Studying the experience of economic reforms in Latin America: lessons for Russia;
- Structural analysis of economic reforms in Russia in 1991-2006: statistical approach.
Under the project "Development of methods of management and investment consulting", work continued on the development of models and methods of management consulting, as well as on the development, together with the management teams of specific organizations, practical recommendations for improving the management of these organizations. Work on this project was traditionally carried out in the form of management consulting of economic organizations on key development issues, including: problem diagnostics, financial analysis, work with personnel, engineering and optimization of business processes, development and support of investment projects, formation of strategic development programs, assistance development of international relations, the development of financial, assortment, investment, personnel and other policies, organizational and structural transformations of enterprises, etc. The objects of consulting were enterprises, corporations, industrial and financial groups of Russia and neighboring countries, which are at different levels of development: emergency programs of reform and financial recovery, in the context of ensuring stability, competitiveness and implementation of medium-term and long-term programs of sustainable growth and, finally, in the context of claims to the level of world leadership. The work was carried out both within the framework of scientific and technical cooperation and information and methodological exchange, and within the framework of contractual relations.
The important results of the project during this period were:
- Development of a cubic model of the organizational structure of an enterprise, association;
- Development of a model, principles for creating and expanding the activities of the Center for Active Development of an Enterprise, centers of financial responsibility;
- Development of methods of strategic management of an enterprise, association: a strategic development formula, a strategic program based on balanced performance indicators;
- Development of a system and methods of active, aggressive marketing, monitoring and mastering advanced management experience;
- Formation, justification and study of the main directions (key innovations) of the development of the enterprise, association.
Research continued on the project "Analysis and generalization of world management experience at the state, subnational (republican and regional) and local levels of government."
Research carried out under the project "Problems of Management of Enterprises of the Fuel and Energy Complex and the Extractive Industry" in the 2000s was aimed at finding new legal, managerial and political mechanisms for the formation of a single energy space in Eurasia and at creating a favorable legal regime for its participants subject to ensuring their energy and environmental safety.
Within the framework of the direction "New information technologies in management" during these years, in the interests of AIRBUS, the following projects were carried out:
- "Calculation of pressure fields and clearances for two plates with an intermediate layer of sealant, connected with temporary fasteners (ASRP 2)";
- "Research and development of processes of chromate-free anodizing of sheets from alloy 2024";
- "Study of air release in fuel systems";
- "Fast aerodynamic calculation of the layout of a passenger aircraft";
- "Aeroacoustics of large-scale structures when excited by plasma microjets (corona discharge)";
- "Investigation of the mechanisms of noise generation in a subsonic jet";
- "Quick Calculation of the Aerodynamic Characteristics of Passenger Aircraft Layouts" (QAD — PAL) ".
For Hewlett Packard, a project entitled "Methods of Automatic Detection and Response Against Internet Worms" was carried out. The aim of the project was to develop effective methods of automatic detection and response that are applicable to the design of network switches (switches).
The implementation of projects for JSC Aeroflot continued: “The concept of creating an integrated automated system for managing production activities” and “Integration of existing information systems into a single information space”. One of the largest projects, launched in 2006, was the development and implementation into commercial operation of mechanisms for interaction of more than 10 operating production systems of Aeroflot OJSC, operational data storage (OHD), as well as the first stage ASOU PD. At the same time, the corporate application integration system (CSIP) being implemented at JSC Aeroflot should be used as a platform for information interaction.
For the EADS corporation, the project "Development of a software integrator and hardware and software complexes (AIC) of software development" was developed.
In response to market demands, the Center for Media Technologies of the Moscow Research Institute of Polytechnics launched and supported a large-scale innovative project “Media Exchange” aimed at aggregating professional content. Within the framework of the project, the task was to create and develop a website, including the creation of a complete technological infrastructure and the connection of one supplier of media content; maintenance and development of the website infrastructure, including the completion of the relevant sections.
The object of research of the Center for Mathematical Methods and Computer Systems Based on Knowledge was the innovative technology of predictive metamodeling and optimization being developed at IRIAS.
According to the FFAST (Future Fast Aeroelastic Simulation Technologies) project, methods and algorithms were developed for modeling aircraft aerodynamics in non-stationary flight conditions. The final stage of work has been completed: a report has been developed containing the main results of the project. Presentation results prepared. The results were presented at a special FFAST Workshop meeting.
Future Fast Aeroelastic Simulation Technologies (FFAST) is a collaborative research and development effort aimed at developing, implementing and evaluating a range of numerical simulation technologies to accelerate future aircraft design.